Monday

Meditate On It Monday-2.1.10

Friends and Friendship Project Participants,

Happy Monday morning, well almost afternoon. I am sorry to be posting this later in the day that I would like. The dreaded sinus infection hit our house. I was sleepy, medicated and stuffed up last night. I was in the bed early though not sleeping as soundly as I would have liked.

At any rate, here is our topic for the day: Think about the relationships in your life. I'd like for you to consider how many valuable friendships you have in your life right now. Think about it, and maybe list them. Here are a few questions to ask yourself about these relationships:

-Why do I consider this relationship to be valuable?
-Is it valuable to me, to my friend or to both of us?
-What would be lacking in my life if this relationship were not present?
-Am I cultivating this relationship, or has it become stagnant?

Think about these things. As we move through this campaign, let's take a serious look at the friendship vacancies and friendship values that are present in our lives.

Proverbs 18:24 NIV

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

post signature

3 comments:

Sharon Sloan said...

Oh, Whitney....the dreaded sinus infection indeed. I suffered with one of these a few weeks back. They really knock ya down physically for a bit. Praying you are well and refreshed very soon. Rest and be well.

I am very thankful to the Lord for wonderful, wonderful girlfriends. They love the Lord, speak the truth in love, give me room to grow and just lavish love and grace on me. I treasure my friendships and pray I honor Him by nourishing consistently the friendships He has given me.

I am going to go list them privately and thank the Lord for each one and pray for each one, too. Relationships are a gift from God.

Thanks, Whitney!

Now be sure you have the Kleenex Extra-Large, Extra-Soft tissues!!! They are a necessary luxury when you have a sinus infection! :)

Unknown said...

Whitney,
Hope you are feeling better! I am so thankful that I am really great friends with my adult children ~ what a joy to see God work in their lives.

Thanks for all you do Whitney to share the love of God with us!
Bobbi

Unknown said...

Whitney,
This is so much fun today!
Thank you for sharing your give away.
Rita